From: John John - MVP on
Mike S wrote:
> On 7/27/2010 11:07 PM, dingdongdingding wrote:
>> Is there any command line utilisation to capture CPU, memory, network,
>> harddisk or some of these ? Thanks, sc
>
> processor
>
> http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/output-cpu-utilization-to-text-file/65928.html
>

> typeperf "\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time" -sc 1 > proc.txt
>
> I'm not sure how many other processor commands you can run this way but
> it looks like a lot

I stand to be corrected but as far as I know this tool (Typeperf) is not
available on XP Home.

John
From: dingdongdingding on
Thanks very much for all the links and replies.

Let me explain why I ask this question. I download/upload files when
I'm not at home. My machine has a problem going to standby so I want
to ask somebody to switch off the PC when it's done.

I thought I can monitor the Network utilisation, send the output to my
office email using bmail, and when the network utilistion goes down, I
can call home to ask them to off it.

But now, I found that the upload/download utility I use generates a
log which I can tail off the last part and email to my office email.

I've set it up already but I've not tested it at my office yet.

Thanks again for your help.

From: John John - MVP on
You're welcome.

John

From: mscir on
dingdongdingding wrote:
<snip>
> Let me explain why I ask this question. I download/upload files when
> I'm not at home. My machine has a problem going to standby so I want
> to ask somebody to switch off the PC when it's done.
> I thought I can monitor the Network utilisation, send the output to my
> office email using bmail, and when the network utilistion goes down, I
> can call home to ask them to off it.
<snip>

I write Visual Basic 6 programs, I already have a program that monitors
download and upload rates, I can add a little code to watch for a
condition where the download rate falls below a certain rate for a
certain amount of time and then hibernates the machine. If you would
like a demo that just pops up a message instead of doing the hibernate
so you can test it, reply to me at mscir at yahoo dot com.

Mike