From: W on
Apparently the Microsoft FTP client does not correctly support FTP passive
mode. Issuing QUOTE PASV puts the server in passive FTP mode, but the
client doesn't follow through and implement the FTP-DATA connection.

Does anyone know of a commercial FTP command line client for Windows that is
compatible with the Microsoft FTP command scripts? We have some existing
scripts for use with the Microsoft client and we would like to avoid having
to rewrite those. We need a client that correctly supports passive mode.