From: Murple on
Well, to an extent its an exercise in debugging since C= hardware isnt
going to get any easier to find... Also, 1571s on eBay can go for a
good deal more than $15.

There is a clear plastic thing on the lever, and the lever itself
seems to go down far enough. Even manually holding it down didn't make
a difference. I dont think that's the issue.

I cleaned the heads with rubbing alcohol, as recommended by various
articles.

From: Tom Lake on

"Murple" <murple(a)murple.net> wrote in message
> Well, to an extent its an exercise in debugging since C= hardware isnt
> going to get any easier to find... Also, 1571s on eBay can go for a
> good deal more than $15.

Usually I get them for $9.99 + shipping so it comes out to < $20.00
A quick head realignment and they're good to go. The software
(also available on eBay) shows a pattern on the screen and when the
drive is perfectly aligned, you'll know immediately. No oscilloscope
needed.

Tom Lake

From: Mangelore on
Tom Lake wrote:

> Usually I get them for $9.99 + shipping so it comes out to < $20.00
> A quick head realignment and they're good to go. The software
> (also available on eBay) shows a pattern on the screen and when the
> drive is perfectly aligned, you'll know immediately. No oscilloscope
> needed.
>
> Tom Lake

Hi Tom,

What's the software program called that you use to align the drives?

Cheers
Fotios
From: Tom Lake on

> Hi Tom,
>
> What's the software program called that you use to align the drives?

It's called 1571 Drive Alignment (catchy name!) and the author
sells copies on eBay from time to time with a photocopied 2-page manual.
The "manual" really isn't needed since the program is so simple to use.
If I see it listed again, I'll post the item number here. I have no
connection
with the author other than being a satisfied customer.

Tom Lake

From: Mangelore on
Tom Lake wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> What's the software program called that you use to align the drives?
>
> It's called 1571 Drive Alignment (catchy name!) and the author
> sells copies on eBay from time to time with a photocopied 2-page manual.
> The "manual" really isn't needed since the program is so simple to use.
> If I see it listed again, I'll post the item number here. I have no
> connection
> with the author other than being a satisfied customer.
>
> Tom Lake

Thanks Tom.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3