From: David W. Fenton on
"Keith Wilby" <here(a)there.com> wrote in

> Dim fd As FileDialog

This will not work unless you have a reference to the Office
Automation library.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: David W. Fenton on
"Daedalus" <fdprojects(a)hotmail.com> wrote in

> I had already the Access 11.0 Object Library included, but it's
> the Office 11.0 Object Library I needed.

You've been getting advice from someone who doesn't really
understand the approach he's recommending. Otherwise, he would have
understood that for the code he was providing to work, you'd have
needed the reference.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Keith Wilby on
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Daedalus" <fdprojects(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> I had already the Access 11.0 Object Library included, but it's
>> the Office 11.0 Object Library I needed.
>
> You've been getting advice from someone who doesn't really
> understand the approach he's recommending. Otherwise, he would have
> understood that for the code he was providing to work, you'd have
> needed the reference.

Still got that chip on your shoulder Mr Fenton? And why am I not in your KF
any more? For the record, the OP was "getting" advice from someone who no
longer works with Access and VBA on a regular basis and is rather rusty with
it. However, if I can help someone I still will try. It seems that I did
and you just choose to be arsey about it. Speaks volumes about you sir
which is nothing to be proud of. It just goes to show that even some of the
most expert of people can be complete twats at the same time, which is a
shame.

Please KF me again and keep your pathetic drivel to yourself. Although I
rather doubt that the latter is going to happen.

From: Keith Wilby on

> I would recommend not using the FileDialog object, but instead using
> the Windows API call, which Pete Cresswell provided code for and
> which can also be found here:
>
> http://mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm

Of course, why use a few lines of code when you can use reams and reams of
the stuff?

> The Windows API file open will work as long as the Win32 API is
> supported, whereas MS could decide to remove the FileDialog object
> from Access/Office at any time (as it did with the FileSearch object
> in Office 2007).

They could choose to remove Access completely too. Should we migrate
everything to Oracle? Picky, picky, picky.

From: Keith Wilby on
"Daedalus" <fdprojects(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Keith
>

> You're the BEST !

Hardly, but thanks.

> I had already the Access 11.0 Object Library included, but it's the Office
> 11.0 Object Library I needed.
>
> Tanx man !

Glad to nudge you roughly in the right direction, even though I couldn't
quote chapter and verse on library references from memory like some anally
retentive geek :)

Keith.