From: Bilky White on
On 07/01/2010 09:25, Keith Wilby wrote:

> Please KF me again and keep your pathetic drivel to yourself.

LOL I've never heard of anyone *asking* to be kill-filed before!

From: Bilky White on
On 07/01/2010 01:54, David W. Fenton wrote:
> "Keith Wilby"<here(a)there.com> wrote in
>
>> Dim fd As FileDialog
>
> This will not work unless you have a reference to the Office
> Automation library.

Does the fact that it's actually a reference to the Office 11 Object
Library that's required mean that you don't understand this issue? By
your logic else-thread that would be a yes.
From: David W. Fenton on
Bilky White <a(a)b.com> wrote in

> Did the answers get the OP up and running?

Many wrong answers *seem* to work. Some people advise On Error
Resume Next as a solution to avoiding an error, but it's still a
very bad solution.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: David W. Fenton on
Bilky White <a(a)b.com> wrote in

> On 07/01/2010 01:54, David W. Fenton wrote:
>> "Keith Wilby"<here(a)there.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Dim fd As FileDialog
>>
>> This will not work unless you have a reference to the Office
>> Automation library.
>
> Does the fact that it's actually a reference to the Office 11
> Object Library that's required mean that you don't understand this
> issue? By your logic else-thread that would be a yes.

Eh? You need a reference to the version-specific Office library.

In Access previous to 2003 (or maybe 2002 -- I don't have it and
never used it long enough to find out about things I don't use), you
*had* to have the Office Automation reference in order to use the
FileDialog object at all. In A2003 (or A2002), they adding a
FileDialog object to the the top-level Access application object,
This gets you to the object, but doesn't get you any of the
enumerations or data types used by the FileDialog object.

So, my answer was, in fact, correct. There was no need to specify
*which* version of the Office Object library.

And, goodbye to you...

<PLONK>

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: David W. Fenton on

> Please KF me again

Don't worry -- you're still in my killfile, and will remain there.

But your "advice" was quoted by others, so I saw it anyway. If I
reply to an answer of yours, it's because I've seen something of
yours quoted by someone else that is so egregiously wrong that I've
followed the Reference tree up to your post in order to refute you.

Don't like it?

Then stop posting stupid things.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/