From: Parrot on
Does anyone know how to code communications with a Unix server? I want to be
able to send a command that will execute a program to a Unix server from my
Windows C# program. Also, I would like to be able to send and receive
messages from the Unix server. The help in Visual Studio just doesn't give
me enough to go on.
I need some direction on how to go about doing this and will appreciate any
help.
From: Family Tree Mike on
On 4/23/2010 11:18 PM, Parrot wrote:
> Does anyone know how to code communications with a Unix server? I want to be
> able to send a command that will execute a program to a Unix server from my
> Windows C# program. Also, I would like to be able to send and receive
> messages from the Unix server. The help in Visual Studio just doesn't give
> me enough to go on.
> I need some direction on how to go about doing this and will appreciate any
> help.

Maybe this link will help get you started:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/sharpssh.aspx. I have no experience
with this API though.

--
Mike
From: Parrot on

Mike;
Thanks for your suggestion. I will review the link and see if I can
understand it.

"Family Tree Mike" wrote:

> On 4/23/2010 11:18 PM, Parrot wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to code communications with a Unix server? I want to be
> > able to send a command that will execute a program to a Unix server from my
> > Windows C# program. Also, I would like to be able to send and receive
> > messages from the Unix server. The help in Visual Studio just doesn't give
> > me enough to go on.
> > I need some direction on how to go about doing this and will appreciate any
> > help.
>
> Maybe this link will help get you started:
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/sharpssh.aspx. I have no experience
> with this API though.
>

> --
> Mike