From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

I have used an example on the Code project to call .NET code from COM and
here it worked fine without creating a shared assembly

It we have the oppsite situation calling COM from .NET is there any
requirement that you must have shared assembly when you call COM from .NET.
I know all about how to create a type library by using either VS or tlbimp

//Tony

From: Patrice on
Hello,

> It we have the oppsite situation calling COM from .NET is there any
> requirement that you must have shared assembly when you call COM from
> .NET.

This is possible but not a requirement. "Deploying an Interop Application"
at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tc0204w0(v=VS.100).aspx could
help (note that in .NET 4 you can embed only the types your application
actually uses, not tried this myself yet).

Or if you have a particular issue, explain what you tried and how it
fails...

--
Patrice