From: Bo Berglund on
On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 06:44:31 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<Charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> wrote:

>For any of you struggling with the Web interface, and discouraged by the
>quality of the MS provided NNTP Bridge, there is a new option, the Community
>Bridge. This is in active development, with builds often more than once a
>day being made available, and the results are quite impressive. Not only is
>it faster than the MS bridge, but it has much better conversion to Plain
>Text, handles code samples better, and allows for easier managing of
>messages and thread that you've participated in. The "Ctrl-H" feature of
>OE/WinMail works just as you'd expect.
>
>Please take a look at: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com for details and
>the current download.
>
>Once you get the Community Bridge up and running, you'll find Hyper-V
>discussions in the Technet.en-us.winserverhyperv Forum.
>
>And THANK YOU to Jochen and the others who have contributed. This is a fine
>example of what can be accomplished with good programmers and a healthy
>community.

I am replying to this thread in the virtualserver NG in order to get
it over to the VPC one as well...

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)
From: Bo Berglund on
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 21:10:27 +0200, Bo Berglund
<boberglund(a)myotherhome.sec> wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 06:44:31 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
><Charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> wrote:
>
>>For any of you struggling with the Web interface, and discouraged by the
>>quality of the MS provided NNTP Bridge, there is a new option, the Community
>>Bridge. This is in active development, with builds often more than once a
>>day being made available, and the results are quite impressive. Not only is
>>it faster than the MS bridge, but it has much better conversion to Plain
>>Text, handles code samples better, and allows for easier managing of
>>messages and thread that you've participated in. The "Ctrl-H" feature of
>>OE/WinMail works just as you'd expect.
>>
>>Please take a look at: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com for details and
>>the current download.
>>
>>Once you get the Community Bridge up and running, you'll find Hyper-V
>>discussions in the Technet.en-us.winserverhyperv Forum.
>>
>>And THANK YOU to Jochen and the others who have contributed. This is a fine
>>example of what can be accomplished with good programmers and a healthy
>>community.
>
>I am replying to this thread in the virtualserver NG in order to get
>it over to the VPC one as well...

Additional comment:
After using the Community NNTP bridge for a few days I notice a very
slow performance. Sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes just to retrieve the
headers from the forum....

But the community bridge handles html <-> plaintext conversion well
enough for me to be able to use my old Free Agent newsreader. :-)

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)