From: farseer on
Is it any easier to invoke the phone mute function in Compact Framework
2.0?
I recall in 1.0, it was rather cumbersome, but was made a bit "easier"
by the OpenNetCF guys and their TAPI package.

i'm wondering if there is better/more straight forward support for core
phone functions in 2.0?

i'm guess that probably the answer would be no, since CompactFramework
does not necessarily imply anything related to the phone itself...

From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
You should be able to continue to use Alex's TAPI library under CF v2.0.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

From: Lonifasiko on
Don't know if invoking mute function it's easier or not
but.............

Now we have Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Telephony library. I think it's
part of the Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK, not of the CF 2.0 itself.

And you also have SDF (they plan to release 2.0 these days) from
OpenNETCF, specially their OpenNETCF.Phone assembly.

Regards.

From: Lonifasiko on
Hi,

I'm afraid I was wrong after seeing Peter's post. I wanted to know what
functionality gives us exactly TAPI library from Alex?

It's known all over the world but I still don't see it.........could
you please provide me a short description?

I guess it's related to controlling almost all phone functions of a
Pocket PC Phone Edition (must be Phone Edition?), but I'm not really
sure.
Could I use TAPI to talk to a GPRS modem inserted in my iPAQ, that is,
TAPI wraps AT commands?

Thanks very much for your time.

Pages: 1
Prev: ReadMsgQueue question