From: jmar on
Judy,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have closed and openned Outlook
multiple times since the compacting the pst file. This has been a problem
for 3 days now and I would say I've tried compacting over 8 times and have
closed and oppened Outlook over 15 times over the last 3 days and the file
size has not changed.

I have responsibility for 8 other email accounts and their disc space. All
the other accounts seem to be "Compacting" fine except for this one. The one
big difference is that this account is the largest by a factor of 2. As
mentioned before the "Archive.pst" of this account compacted fine it's just
the "Outlook.pst" file that isn't. The other accounts are set up similarly.

THanks again, any other ideas? I was thinking of creating another
"Outlook.pst" file for the email account and then copy/move the remaining
emails (still quite a few) to the new pst, remove the old pst and see if I
can then work off the new one. Does that sound like it might work as a last
resort?

Jmar

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> THanks again, any other ideas? I was thinking of creating another
> "Outlook.pst" file for the email account and then copy/move the remaining
> emails (still quite a few) to the new pst, remove the old pst and see if I
> can then work off the new one. Does that sound like it might work as a last
> resort?

This is just what I'd do and not necessarily as a last resort. Create a new
PST and make it the delivery location. Stop and restart Outlook to have
Outlook populate the new PST with the default folder set. Follow Method Two
on this page: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: jmar on
Brian,

Thank you for your input and the site documentation. I created another .pst
file and move the files over and it seems to be okay now, the size has
reduced to a resonable size.

Thank you Judy for your replies as well. Until next time....

jmar