From: Chuck on
I have a 2003 database. When I execute a Compact and Repair I receive the
message "You can't exit Microsoft Access now. If you are using a Visual Basic
module that is using OLE or DDE you may need to interrupt the module."
What do I need to do? Thanks
From: Clifford Bass on
Hi Chuck,

Hold down the <Shift> key while opening the database. That should
prevent anything from running. Then try a compact and repair.

Clifford Bass

From: Jeff Boyce on
Chuck

Before running C&R, make a backup copy, just in case.

Just in case, make two...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

From: Chuck on
Thank you Clifford, that worked.
Will there be a issue if I turn on Compact on Close ?
Chuck

From: Clifford Bass on
Hi Chuck,

You are welcome.

I would expect that you will have an issue with Compact on Close. You
may want to test. It may be possible that the compact will work in some
instances and not in others. So, if it works fine on first try, test it
after doing a number of activities.

Clifford Bass