From: zed on
This is my wife's computer and is has been working flawlessly, until a few
minutes ago.

Turned it on and all that happened is that the fan ran for a few seconds and
then stopped. Nothing! Zilch! Nada!

Any expert out there able to suggest the likely cause, please?

Zed
--
zed
From: Robert Harris on
zed wrote:
> This is my wife's computer and is has been working flawlessly, until a few
> minutes ago.
>
> Turned it on and all that happened is that the fan ran for a few seconds and
> then stopped. Nothing! Zilch! Nada!
>
> Any expert out there able to suggest the likely cause, please?
>
> Zed

Sounds like hardware!

Robert
From: Geoffrey Clements on
Robert Harris wrote:

> zed wrote:
>> This is my wife's computer and is has been working flawlessly, until a
>> few minutes ago.
>>
>> Turned it on and all that happened is that the fan ran for a few seconds
>> and
>> then stopped. Nothing! Zilch! Nada!
>>
>> Any expert out there able to suggest the likely cause, please?
>>
>> Zed
>
> Sounds like hardware!

Charge the battery? :-)

Sorry but it's hard to diagnose with such little information. If it's a
desktop I'd plump for the PSU.

--
Geoff Registered Linux user 196308
Replace bitbucket with geoff to mail me.
From: Will Kemp on
zed wrote:
> This is my wife's computer and is has been working flawlessly, until a few
> minutes ago.
>
> Turned it on and all that happened is that the fan ran for a few seconds and
> then stopped. Nothing! Zilch! Nada!
>
> Any expert out there able to suggest the likely cause, please?

Power supply?

--
http://NovemberEchoRomeoDelta.com