From: Allamarein on
What does
df /logo
at a command prompt do?
Then, how about if a file bugs.f90 contains
program bugs
write(*,*) 'Whassup, doc?'
end
what does
df bugs.f90
do?

This works.
Now I have a bugs.exe on my C: and it writes Whassup, doc?
But how can I work with a graphic interface?
If I load an empty project, I have the same problem again.

From: dpb on
Allamarein wrote:

> But how can I work with a graphic interface?
> If I load an empty project, I have the same problem again.

OK, that confirms the compiler itself does function...

See Steve L's response (to which your replied according to my reader
altho the response is to my question/suggestion to make sure the
compiler itself was functioning).

To quote...

> Right click on the shortcut for Developer Studio and select "Start as
> Administrator". I think that will do it. ...
>
> Note that CVF won't work with VS2008. You will have to use the
> VS6 interface that CVF installs.

Nota Bene the last caveat as was previously suspected and which isn't
terribly surprising.

Also note Steve's link to the IVF support site where you can get more
specific help for CVF since it is the same product team (not product)
now at Intel there's where the expertise resides these days.

From: Ian on
This is essentially an rtfm problem.
You have to do some reading.

I'm at a pc with visual fortran 6 installed
and here is a subset of the options I get
from the visual fortran 6 entry

..
on line documentation
..
readme
release notes
..

dec/compaq/hp provide extensive documentation
with this product.

depending on how you bought the product you may even have
paper manuals. I have several on the shelf in front of me.
the getting started guide is a good place to start!

if you start visual studio you will find extensive help from the help
menu.
from the contents tab you should find

home page
programmers guide