From: Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries on
I noticed that setup is using default_database_type = cdb here:
http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick

What are the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other?

Thanks

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:50:46AM -0400, Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries wrote:

> I noticed that setup is using default_database_type = cdb here:
> http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick
>
> What are the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other?

CDB is much better for read-only tables, the on-disk format does not
change from release to release, the memory footprint is smaller,
updates are atomic, ... Use CDB if you have it.

CDB is not suitable for read-write tables, such as the TLS session
cache, address verification cache, ...

--
Viktor.