From: Manos on
Dear all
I have two columns with codes.
The first column include the main coding (ie: ab1, ab101, ab10101,...)
The second column include the same codes, but the first leter is always C.
So the coding is (ie: cab1, cab101, cab10101,...)
I have notice that some of the codes in the second column are missing.
There is any way that i can make a check regarding the second column based
the first one. I tried to use the vlookup but the problem is that the first
letter is c and basically the two codes looks different.
Can anyone direct me of how i can make the comparison between the two columns?

Thanks in advance

From: Jacob Skaria on
--Insert a column in between. Say Col B.
--In cell B1 apply the formula; and copy down as required..Will return the
text incase the correspondin code in ColA is missing in ColC
=IF(COUNTIF(C:C,"c" & A1),"","Missing in Column C")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Manos on
Thank you very much for your suggestions