From: Sarella on
When I write a query as Bob Barrows has described, I get an error message saying "The SQL statement could not be executed because it contains ambiguous outer joins. To force one of the joins to be created first, create a separate query that performs the first join and then include that query in your sql statement"

I am unsure exactly how to write these queries separately - I'm a bit of a novice to access, and I thought this bit would be easy!

Many thanks again.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access.queries/Comparison-Query-How-to-write-it
From: Bob Barrows on
Sarella wrote:
> When I write a query as Bob Barrows has described, I get an error
> message saying "The SQL statement could not be executed because it
> contains ambiguous outer joins. To force one of the joins to be
> created first, create a separate query that performs the first join
> and then include that query in your sql statement"

Well, then you did not do it the way that I described, since the
technique I gave you would not result in any outer joins. Again, if you
require more specific help, you need to help us. Again:

If not, show us a couple rows of sample data followed by the rows of
result data you would expect to see returned by your query.
Then show us the incorrect results you received followed by the sql of
the query you
created to get those incorrect results.

You expose the sql by switching
your query to SQL View using the toolbar button, or the View menu, or
the right-click context menu.

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows