From: brian on
I currently have Office Basic 2007 on my computer. I also own Professional
Edition 2003 and would like to load the Power Point componant on my computer.
Will the PPT 2003 be compatable with the Office Basic 2007?
From: LVTravel on

"brian" <brian(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I currently have Office Basic 2007 on my computer. I also own Professional
> Edition 2003 and would like to load the Power Point componant on my
> computer.
> Will the PPT 2003 be compatable with the Office Basic 2007?

Office Basic is an OEM product so proceed with caution. Create a full
system restore backup in case you trash the system.

Microsoft recommends that Office products be installed in creation order,
'97, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, etc.

If you don't have the original install disk for Basic '07 be careful. If you
install Pro '03 with '07 already installed you MAY have problems and it MAY
corrupt your '07 version programs.

The safest way is if you have the original '07 Basic install disk, uninstall
'07 (you won't lose any of your Outlook settings,) reboot the computer,
Custom install '03 programs desired except for Outlook '03 and fully update
them, install Basic '07 again and fully update that program suite.

From: vttotal on
You must be aware that Office 2007 came after 2003. I believe you will have
compatibility issues as there are some components that have been replaced by
Office 2007.

To be more specific, which components are you trying to recreate?

Thanks,

Vicente Tulliano

--
Vicente Tulliano