From: Volker Lendecke on
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 07:38:28PM +0300, Marcis Lielturks wrote:
> Thanks! This helped to get "id" working, but not smbd. smbd still
> exiting when domain admin tries to access share, winbindd and nmbd
> keep running.
> Last lines from smbd

That's just roughly 1000 lines too little... We need the
full debug level 10 logs.

Thanks,

Volker
Hi!

Here's 6 files in compressed tar archive.

--
ML
From: Volker Lendecke on
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 09:51:40PM +0300, Mārcis Lielturks wrote:
> Here's 6 files in compressed tar archive.

That looks all perfectly fine. The client just disconnects
again after it has done some querying.

How are you starting smbd? It a bit looks like you're
starting it with -i, which for normal server operations is
unfortunately wrong. You should start it with -D and let it
become a daemon.

Volker
Hi!

Thanks, yes I was using "-i". Now everything seems to work OK. My main
reason, why I compiled samba - 16 group limitation, is solved too!

Hopefully I'll later gather up few lines of instructions on how to get
3.5.4 compiling on OpenSolaris (snv_134).

Thanks everybody for help!

MMM

by the way, did you know, that mouse initially was invented
just for simplifying text selection in xterm?

On 07/22/10 10:27 PM, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 09:51:40PM +0300, Mārcis Lielturks wrote:
>
>> Here's 6 files in compressed tar archive.
>>
> That looks all perfectly fine. The client just disconnects
> again after it has done some querying.
>
> How are you starting smbd? It a bit looks like you're
> starting it with -i, which for normal server operations is
> unfortunately wrong. You should start it with -D and let it
> become a daemon.
>
> Volker

Hi!

I still have problems, now user can't access share if he's member of
more than 35 groups! I think I forgot to do one thing - modify
/usr/include/limits.h to reflect new NGROUPS_MAX value in kernel.

Can I check what NGROUPS_MAX value was used when compiling binaries?
Will /usr/include/limits.h modifications be enough?