From: me on
Is it possible to COMPILE and run C++ code on a typical
netbook with 160 gig hard drive?
From: Stuart Golodetz on
me(a)privacy.net wrote:
> Is it possible to COMPILE and run C++ code on a typical
> netbook with 160 gig hard drive?

Yes :)
From: Francis Glassborow on
me(a)privacy.net wrote:
> Is it possible to COMPILE and run C++ code on a typical
> netbook with 160 gig hard drive?

why do you think it isn't? It maybe a bit slow (for compiling) but that
depends in part on how much RAM you have. A high proportion of
applications you are running on your notebook are written in C++. Though
these substantial applications probably need more power for the compiler
to do its job without putting you to sleep. However once they are
compiled everything is fine.
From: Jerry Coffin on
In article <0djdh594o65q8dvtgvmh8d2t59973f2cqc(a)4ax.com>,
me(a)privacy.net says...

> Is it possible to COMPILE and run C++ code on a typical
> netbook with 160 gig hard drive?

Almost certainly. When I started programming, roughly 300 people
shared a computer with a 25 MHz CPU and ~5 gigabytes of hard drive
space (a huge amount back then -- most personal computers of the time
had only floppy disks at around 150-300 KB apiece...) We still
managed to write and compile programs, though certainly not in C++
(it was a while later before Bjarne started work on "C with classes".

--
Later,
Jerry.
From: me on
Jerry Coffin <jerryvcoffin(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Almost certainly. When I started programming, roughly 300 people
>shared a computer with a 25 MHz CPU and ~5 gigabytes of hard drive
>space (a huge amount back then -- most personal computers of the time
>had only floppy disks at around 150-300 KB apiece...) We still
>managed to write and compile programs, though certainly not in C++
>(it was a while later before Bjarne started work on "C with classes".

Very interesting!! Thanks for sharing !