|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(Beginner) A study group
Hello everybody. I have begun studying C++ some days ago and as many people (unfortunately) I'm studying on my own. Even being a bit old(that means 32 years old, :P) to begin programming in yet another language and so not so much time available(job, kid and so on.). I'd like to propose a group of studies of... 13 Aug 2010 19:02
the use of new[], delete[] to create and delete an array
Hello, I know, if you want to return an array from a function, you have to create it per new[] and after using it you have to delete it with delete[]. I have the following function from my class scheme: const char* scheme::upperCaseToLowerCase(const char* name){ const size_t length=strlen(name); char *resu... 13 Aug 2010 11:23
Shape Ups,Women's Skechers Shape Ups shoes with compare prices andbest survice!
Women's Skechers Shape Ups Action Packed Charcole Black are soft, comfy, vibrantly coloured and give you a great workout while you walk while complimenting your gym wear or casual clothing with a bit of sparkle! Definitely not just for fitness junkies. Shape Up Shoes mimic the effects of barefoot walking, optimis... 12 Aug 2010 22:26
Magic #if?
Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.invalid> writes: [...] The compiler should ignore anything within the block bracketed by #if/#endif, I use it all the time. Well, almost anything. Nested #if, #else, #elif, and #endif directives are still processed to determine the matching #endif. See C99 6.10.1p6 for details. Fo... 10 Aug 2010 13:34
Which C++ functions to get data from a website?
Hi, I would like to build a program in C++ that (basically) retrieves data from several websites and then displays the data in a particular way. I need some advice as to which functions / classes in the Standard Library that might be suitable for this purpose. So far, it has been suggested that the only way I coul... 7 Aug 2010 17:59
what about this "enter level" C book?
Richard Heathfield wrote: Antonio Macchi wrote: C Programming Modern Approach (K.N.King) http://www.amazon.com/C-Programming-Modern-Approach-2nd/dp/0393979504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277584830&sr=1-1 is it a good choice? Yes. In fact it's an excellent choice, one of perhaps thre... 7 Aug 2010 08:13
Passing values to a function
I'm working on a program that obtains user input of 4 int values. These values must then be passed to a function which carries out it's task (there is no return to the main function). Is it best to pass these values by reference or by value? Passing values to function by value is confusing because the function... 6 Aug 2010 12:39
how long will it take to become good at C++
I realise that a few of you elite programmers do it for a living. But i am only a hobbyist. Will I ever be able to gain the depth of understanding needed to be classed as a 'good' programmer by self study? Am I fooling myself and trying to achieve the impossible? It all seems so difficult. :( ... 5 Aug 2010 13:31
gui toolkits
Does anybody know of a c++ gui toolkit / way of building guis in c++ that I can download that will run on windows 7? Thanks, -Robin ... 7 Aug 2010 02:53
learning
I'm interested in learing C/C++. Would anyone be able to direct me to a good resource for learning? I'm interested in developing both windows and linux console applications. Also any advise that you would have on compilers for windows native programs, 32 and 64 bit would be great. For linux I plan on using the ... 1 Aug 2010 13:43
Windows and Linux Tips
Pavel Haque wrote: Hi Friends, Do you need Windows and Linux Tips? Could you post an example here, please? -- Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk> Email: -http://www. +rjh@ "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999 Sig line vacant - apply within ... 31 Jul 2010 13:58
Off topic: Anyone tried Unixlite?
Hi, I found a operating system kernel written (apparently) in mainly C++. it's called unixlite and I got the source from sourceforge. I'm interested in learning about operating systems and have Tanebaums operating systems book on minix which is mainly coded in c. So I'm really excited to have found a C++ kernel ... 30 Jul 2010 16:19
Object oriented c++?
I'm learning c++. I own a book by Meyer called 'object oriented software construction' which is language independent. I have a long way to go before I can claim to have a good basic grasp of c++ and was wondering if attempting to read a book like Meyers would help. Do you folks think I should hold off reading stuf... 30 Jul 2010 07:28
calling a function within another function
I'm new to c++ and I've been following some videos on Youtube. One of the videos discusses a time class which is shown below. The problem I have is that I'm having trouble trying to call adjust_time() from within the time constructor or from within the add_time() method. I can call the adjust_time method in ... 17 Jul 2010 07:38
function to plot coordinates
This problem comes from Mr Glassborow's book chpt 5 exercise 6. I need to: 'Write a function to plot a point at the coordinates given by the arguments passes in to the function, but which calls the functions fom exercise 5 to determine the color and size of the square to be plotted. Note that, as for all free func... 19 Jul 2010 14:38
Discount ED Hardy Coat Kid's
❤~❤~❤ Cheap wholesale BBC Coat, ED Hardy Coat, Bape Coat ect at http://www.jialiuonline.com/ <Paypal Payment> Discount Coat http://www.jialiuonline.com/ Discount 999 Coat http://www.jialiuonline.com/ Discount A Coat http://www.jialiuonline.com/ Discount Adidas Coat http... 13 Jul 2010 08:40
Energy Saving Tips
1. Reduce heater's room temperature For each extra degree (Celsius) of temperature, your heater will consume 7 to 11% more energy. Adjust it to 18degrees which is also better for your health. 2. Install a programmable thermostat You will be able to control the heater's temperature during specific hours every day... 8 Jul 2010 19:11
Stupid Enum Mistake
Hello Folks: Developing on Win XP, VS 2008 Pro, C++. I can't believe my eyes. I've auto-incremented enumerators many times. I've moved a 50 line function from one library to another library and now the auto increment of an enumerator gets an error I simplified the code into the foll... 2 Jul 2010 04:44
what about this "enter level" C book?
C Programming Modern Approach (K.N.King) http://www.amazon.com/C-Programming-Modern-Approach-2nd/dp/0393979504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277584830&sr=1-1 is it a good choice? thanks ... 28 Jun 2010 15:01
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11