From: Ron Luzius on
Thank You OssieMac, Shane, and Rik_UK.

It is still a no go.

Can I send one of you the XLS so you can see my problem live?

From: OssieMac on
Hi Ron,

I think that a little lesson in analyzing your problem might be the best way
to go.

On a blank worksheet enter some dummy data in cells G2 and H2 and then in
cells out to the right enter the functions for each of the smallest
components of your nested function and see if what they return the expected
result.

When I posted my earlier answer I committed the sin of not analyzing the
individual functions; I only looked at your Or and And operators.

One example is WORKDAY(G2,0) which will return whatever value is in G2
irrespective of whether it is a workday or not due to the zero parameter.

If you want to test if G2 is a workday and if it is a workday then return G2
and if not a workday, return the first workday after then you have to enter
the fucntion as follows so that you can use a 1 parameter for the first
workday following a date.

=WORKDAY(G2-1,1)

In the above formula
If G2 = Fri Mar 26 2010 then it returns Fri Mar 26 2010 because it is one
workday day after the previous day of Thu Mar 25 2010.

If G2 =Sat Mar 27 2010 then it returns Mon Mar 29 2010 because Mon is the
first workday after the previous day which is Fri.

If G2 = Sun Mar 28 2010 then it returns Mon Mar 29 2010 because it is the
fiorst workday after Sat

If G2 = Mon Mar 29 2010 then it returns Mon Mar 29 2010 because it is the
first workday after Sun.

Try all of your individual functions on a test worksheet and alter the dates
in G2 and H2 and see if you get the answers you expect for each individual
function. When you get them correct then I am sure you will achieve the rest.
Also if one of the individual functions do not return the expected value and
you can't work out the correct use of the function, then that is the question
you need to ask.

Try it and let me know how it goes. I think if you sort out this Workday
function then you are on the home run.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

From: OssieMac on
Hi Ron,

Based on the examples you posted try the following.

=OR(ISBLANK(G2),AND(G2<=WORKDAY(TODAY(),7),ISBLANK(H2),AND(G2<=TODAY(),H2<=WORKDAY(TODAY(),7))))

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"Ron Luzius" wrote:

> Thank You OssieMac, Shane, and Rik_UK.
>
> It is still a no go.
>
> Can I send one of you the XLS so you can see my problem live?
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---
> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Excel VBA recommendations