From: Dorian on
If I have an open form and am positioned on a new record with no bound field
having been changed (dirty = false) and I call a public function which opens
a recordset on the same table that my form is bound to and then do a series
of movenexts , can my form become dirty?
I'm getting strange results and am wondering if this could be the cause.
What I am trying to do is to programatically retrieve a given record by
doing an applyfilter. However, what seems to be happening is that somehow my
record has become dirty and therefore the form is wanting to do a save before
executing the applyfilter and since the record is invalid and cannot be
saved, the applyfilter is failing (cancelled). After this occurs, I am
positioned on a new record that is dirty, the autonum key has been assigned.
Oddly enough sometimes my code works and sometimes it does not and I cannot
detect any pattern.
Any suggestions appreciated.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".