From: yandiz on
Dear All,

I made a composite USB with Virtual COM port and HID keyboard. It works fine on W2K/XP/Ubuntu, but it does not work on Windows 7. I've tried everything, but nothing works (This device cannot start. Code 10).

To make things worse, Windows 7 is too dumb to recognize the HID keyboard, which does not happen in XP/2K (they recognize the HID keyboard, even without a CDC .inf).

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.development.device.drivers/
From: Tim Roberts on
yandiz <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote:

>I made a composite USB with Virtual COM port and HID keyboard. It
>works fine on W2K/XP/Ubuntu, but it does not work on Windows 7.
>I've tried everything, but nothing works (This device cannot start.
>Code 10).
>
>To make things worse, Windows 7 is too dumb to recognize the HID
>keyboard, which does not happen in XP/2K (they recognize the HID
>keyboard, even without a CDC .inf).

Are you using your own drivers, or strictly stock drivers? Code 10 means
that the driver returned an error code while it was starting up.

Windows 7 is much pickier about the USB spec compliance than previous
versions. Is it possible your descriptors are not quite correct? What DO
you see on Windows 7?
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.