From: Melon00 on

I am having problems with my computer shutting off, as if it were
unplugged, while on the internet. It seems to happen every time I am on
a data intensive website, such as a streaming video site. I pulled the
"System" event log and here is what shows up, right before the computer
shut off:

Type: Error
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7000
User: N/A
Time: 2:32:21 PM

error:

Type: Error
Source: W3SVC
Event ID: 115
User: N/A
Time: 2:32:07 PM

error code.

Type: Error
Source: Ma730Pt
Event ID: 18
User: N/A
Time: 2:29:25 PM

cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE- flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and support for details. (This error doesn't
always show up before the computer turns off, it just happened to show
up this time.)

Any help is appreciated!!

--
Melon00
Melon00's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/224087.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Db on
sometimes if the cpu is
overheating,

the system will shut down
to protect it from heat
related damage.

db���`�...�><)))�>

DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

From: Melon00 on

Is that what the error codes are implying? I don't think it should be
overheating, because it happens within 10 minutes of being turned on. I
have been able to access these websites fine before.

From: Db on
if it happens every ten
minutes, then it could
be that some program