From: Mark A. Sam on
Hello,

I just reinstalled XP on a computer. Prior to the installation, it had no
problem connecting to the network or internet. The connection status
reports, "Connected", but no packets are sending or receiving. The ethernet
light blinks and I used another cable to be sure that wasn't the problem.
The connection properites dialog show:

Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
Internet protocol (TCP/IP)

Thanks for any help.

God Bless (for believers),
Best regards (for non-believers),

Mark A. Sam

From: Peter Foldes on
Mark

Disable Client for Microsoft Networks and add Network Monitor Driver . Also make
sure that your Ethernet card is configured in LAN\Properties\General. When set make
sure you hit Apply and back out. Reboot computer(very important)
Let us know how you made out

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Mark A. Sam on
Peter,

I don't know where this setting is found: LAN\Properties\General.

From: Mark A. Sam on
Peter,

I found that the drivers for the ethernet controller are not installed and
the only option seems to be to download from the internet. The weren't
found on the Windows install CD. This is strange because I have use this
same Cd to install Windows on other machines without an problems.

From: Peter Foldes on
Install it from there (LAN Properties) It will install a generic driver which will
be good for you to go

LAN\Properties\General\Configure\Driver