From: chintu4uin on
Hi friends I m using SQL 2005 I want to concatenate multiple rows into
single row with comma separated. I tried using for XML and all but
what I m looking for I m not getting that My Table structure:-

Table A
SOANo | TaxOrderDisplay | TaxDescription|
2009001 | 1 | Excise
2009001 | 2 | Edu Cess on Exc
2009001 | 3 | S.HS.EduCess-Ex
2009002 | 1 | Excise
2009002 | 2 | Edu Cess on Exc
2009002 | 3 | S.HS.EduCess-Ex
2009002 | 4 | VAT
2009003 | 1 | Excise
2009003 | 2 | Edu Cess on Exc
2009003 | 3 | S.HS.EduCess-Ex
2009003 | 4 | VAT
2009003 | 5 | Octori

Output Should
-----------------------
2009001 | Excise,Edu Cess on Exc,S.HS.EduCess-Ex,
2009002 | Excise,Edu Cess on Exc,S.HS.EduCess-Ex,VAT,
2009003 | Excise,Edu Cess on Exc,S.HS.EduCess-Ex,VAT,Octori

but I m getting output like this
2009001 | Edu Cess on Exc,Excise,S.HS.EduCess-Ex,
2009002 | Edu Cess on Exc,Excise,S.HS.EduCess-Ex,VAT,
2009003 | Edu Cess on Exc,Excise,Octroi,S.HS.EduCess-Ex,VAT,

I m using the below query
SELECT
SOAItemTaxSOANo,
STUFF(CAST((SELECT distinct TaxDescription + ',' FROM vwSOAPreview
t2
WHERE t2.SOAItemTaxSOANo =
vwSOAPreview.SOAItemTaxSOANo
FOR XML PATH(''), TYPE) AS VARCHAR(8000)), 1, 0, '')
AS 'TaxDescriptions'
FROM
vwSOAPreview
GROUP BY
SOAItemTaxSOANo
My problem is that Tax description should come in order of their
TaxOrderDisplay ID but I m getting it in alphabetical order which I
dont want.

Please frnd reply u r suggestion for the same where I m going wrong...