From: Harlan Messinger on
Arne Vajh�j wrote:
> On 11-06-2010 11:37, Mel Weaver wrote:
>> "bixbarton" <bixbarton(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I've got a small program, using a DataSet and OracleDataAdapter.
>>>
>>> Fills a table ok.
>>>
>>> Loop through the rows ok.
>>>
>>> Change a couple of values.
>>>
>>> Then perform an Update on the OracleDataAdapter and it gives me the
>>> dreaded...
>>>
>>> "Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1
>>> records."
> > I don't know much about Oracle but with SQL server each table must have
> > a primary unique key, if not you will get the concurrency error.
>
> Note that this must be a DataAdapter/DataSet requirement, both
> Oracle and SQLServer actually allows tables with no PK.

Possibly. I had a similar situation years ago, when beginning to work on
an existing application, and using Microsoft Access to work with SQL
Server data. I'd get an error message when I'd try to delete a row in
some tables--and then discovered that primary keys had been defined for
them.

Pages: 1
Prev: Passing type as a parameter
Next: Compact ACCDB