From: Miki on
I'm trying to conditionally format a row of calculated values displayed at
percents with icons such that >0% - green light, < 0% - red light.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Miki
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Hi Miki, check out:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Items 32 and 31.

This is something similar to what you want. All you need to do is to
customize it.

In the EXCEL 2007 Workbook the range L 1 to L 100 has been Conditionally
Formatted as per the rules in the WORD doc.

You can check it by entering values in the L 1 to L 100 range.

Entering numbers 1 to 30 in the said range return red.

Entering numbers 31 to 69 in the said range return orange.

Entering numbers 31 to 69 in the said range return orange.

Entering numbers 70 to 100in the said range return red.

Just amend the settings in the WORD doc to suit your requirements.

Thanks.

From: Miki on
Hi

Thanks for your reply but actually I was looking for this:

I have values for two months - Current and Previous. If current month's
value is closer to zero than previous month's value then i want to show a
green arrow. If current month's value is away from zero than previous
month's value then i want to show a red arrow. Though these values are
positive and negative both, i need to apply conditional formatting on
absolute values.

e.g.

previous Current
1.2% 2.4% Red Arrow
1.2% -2.4% Red Arrow
-1.2% 2.4% Red Arrow
-1.2% -2.4% Red Arrow

-2.4% 1.2% Green Arrow
-2.4% -1.2% Green Arrow
2.4% -1.2% Green Arrow
2.4% 1.2% Green Arrow

But the conditional formatting will be applied on absolute values and I want
to put the condition in same cell in which the current month values are shown.

Any help will be appreciated..

Regards,
Miki