From: Bardia on
I have a form in access 2007, with several controls. I used the On Exit Event
Procedure for navigating among controls.
Example:
If Method of Payment = “Check” Then
Check No.Set Focus
End If
If Method of Payment = “Credit Card” Then
Credit Card Name.Set Focus
End If
End Sub
And so on for all controls. Form functioned well for months, however today
went wild. Navigation order does not execute Event Procedure it follows
exactly the order of TAB ORDER DIALOG BOX.
Please advice
--
Bardia
From: Steve on
It sounds like the On Exit event is not firing for some reason. Put these
two lines of code at the beginning of your On Exit event to test:

MsgBox "On Exit Event Just Fired"
Exit Sub

If you get the message, something else is happening.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Bardia" <Bardia(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form in access 2007, with several controls. I used the On Exit
>Event
> Procedure for navigating among controls.
> Example:
> If Method of Payment = “Check” Then
> Check No.Set Focus
> End If
> If Method of Payment = “Credit Card” Then
> Credit Card Name.Set Focus
> End If
> End Sub
> And so on for all controls. Form functioned well for months, however today
> went wild. Navigation order does not execute Event Procedure it follows
> exactly the order of TAB ORDER DIALOG BOX.
> Please advice

Did you by any chance move the database from a trusted location to an
untrusted one? If it looks lie the VBA code is just not executing, the
database may have become untrusted, and Access 2007 won't execute code in an
untrusted database.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: Ruben Lopez on

From: Jeff Boyce on
Bardia

As I recall, the OnExit event doesn't fire if you click out.

I'm thinking you'll want to try the AfterUpdate event instead.

And if your control name is, literally, "Method of Payment", then you'll
have to lend Access a hand so it knows what you're talking about. You'd
need to delimit that control name with square brackets (e.g., [Method of
Payment]) because it has embedded spaces.

Good Luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP