From: Pam on
Russell,

Here's what I need to happen:
ColB ColC
Dept Class
5 GRR Highlight
5 GRP
3 GRR
5 GRU Highlight
1 GRU

If Dept 5 has code ending in anything other than "P" - highlight it.

Thanks again for your help.
Pam

From: Pam on
Hubisan,

This looks like it will work, but it give error message "The formula you
typed contains an error." and highlights "P" in the formula.

Thanks for your help.
Pam

From: Pam on
Hubisan,

I changed the semi-colon to a comma and it works. Can you tell me what the
"1" is for in (H11,1)?

Thank you.

From: Russell Dawson on
I see now where we had our wires crossed. You'd said 3 digit whereas it was
three characters. I then assumed the last char was the P or whatever.

Don't forget to give Hubisan a "Yes" for solving the problem.

Regards

From: Hubisan on
Ah, sorry for the mistake, using swiss german excel and we use ";"
instead of ","

Right( text, number_of_characters )

> text is the string that you wish to extract from.

> number_of_characters indicates the number of characters that you wish to extract starting from the right-most character.

and Russells formula would work as well, just add wildcards:
=ISNUMBER(SEARCH("??P",H11))+G11=5