From: dennisthe10 on
Hi
I have a date in H4 where using conditional formatting, will flag green if
its within 2 days of today, amber if 2-3 days of today and red if 3+ days
from today however, i need the formatting to stop if there has been a date
entered into I4 (as this will mean there is no need for the cell to flag to
us that there is no data in I4 if that makes sense)

can anyone help please?

thanks

Dennis
From: Mike H on
What do you mean by

>i need the formatting to stop if there has been a date
> entered into I4

What colour should the cell be?
No colour or the colour it was when the date was entered into I4
--
Mike

question.

From: Mike H on
This isn't very clear either.

> I have a date in H4 where using conditional formatting, will flag green if
> its within 2 days of today, amber if 2-3 days of today and red if 3+ days
> from today however

Is it 2 days before or after the date in H4 or both?

Post you CF formulas
--
Mike

question.

From: dennisthe10 on
Hi Mike

Apologies for being unclear. I would need the cell to revert to no colour if
a date is added to the corresponding I cell.

The formatting is set so that the date entered in cell H4 changes colour
dependant on the difference from the date entered compared to todays date,
i.e. if the date entered was 15/03/10 (UK format) then it would change to
amber/orange to indicate 3 days have passed however, if a date is then
entered into I4 then i need it to revert back to no colour

hope this makes a bit more sense

thanks

From: Mike H on
Hi,

You include an AND statement in the CF formula.

=AND(I4="",Your CF Formula)

this is an example for more than 2 days past

=AND(I4="",H4<TODAY()-2)
--
Mike

question.