From: KHW on
I have the following that I would like to do.

There are two separate worksheets within a workbook: worksheet 1 and
worksheet2.
On worksheet2 I would like to highlight the cell if it does not match up
with a particular cell on worksheet1.
On both worksheet 1 I have named some name ranges: CurrentName.
So on worksheet2 in cell A1 I have gone to the conditional format window and
input the following data: Cell value is, not equal to,
="Indirect(CurrentName&Row())".
But this doesn't seem to distinguish what I really want to accomplish. If I
change the "not equal to" to "equal to" it does the opposite (highlight
versus not highlighted) for all the cells.
I have just copied the format down to the other cells, but all yield the
same results which is not correct.
Is what I'm trying to do possible? If so, do you have any suggestions on how
to accomplish this?
Thank you in advance!!
-Kyrsten
From: Max on
I'm not really sure what you're trying to check & CF
Maybe something along these lines ...

In Sheet1 you have a named range: CurrentName
Then in Sheet2,
You have data in A2 down which you want to check vs CurrentName & CF

1. If your intent is to CF those names which are found in CurrentName
Select A2:A100 (with A2 active), then apply CF using "Formula is"
=COUNTIF(CurrentName,A2)
Format to taste, OK out

If your intent is to CF those names in A2 down which are NOT found in
CurrentName
Select A2:A100 (with A2 active), then apply CF using "Formula is"
=AND(NOT(COUNTIF(CurrentName,A2)),A2<>"")
Format to taste, OK out
Success? hit the YES below
--
Max