From: pm on
My original macro looked like this:

Sheets("Inv_Load to Lawson").Select
Range("A1").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"X:\Legal to Accounting Check Requests\Sales Tax\slsTax dbapcvi.csv"

SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

Then someone suggested I try this one - but neither of them work......I am
trying to copy a range of data from one file to another...should be simple
but I can't get it to work!?!?

Sheets("Inv_Load to
Lawson").Select.Range("A1").End(xlToRight).End(xlDown).Copy
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"X:\Legal to Accounting Check Requests\Sales Tax\slsTax dbapcvi.csv"

ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
From: Dave Peterson on
Dim InvWks as worksheet
dim CSVWks as worksheet
Dim LastRow as long
dim LastCol as long
dim RngToCopy as range
Dim DestCell as range

set InvWks = worksheets("inv_load to Lawson")
set csvwks = Workbooks.Open _
(Filename:="X:\Legal to Accounting Check Requests\Sales Tax\" _
& "slsTax dbapcvi.csv").worksheets(1)

with invwks
lastrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row
lastcol = .cells(1,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column

set rngtocopy = .range("A1", .cells(lastrow, lastcol))
end with

with csvwks
'where should it go in the CSV worksheet?
'I put it after the last used cell in column A
set destcell = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).offset(1,0)
end with

rngtocopy.copy
destcell.pastespecial paste:=xlpastevalues

--

Dave Peterson
From: pm on
Dave - this works fabulously except I want the copy to go in cell A1 in the
CSV worksheet. Thanks.

From: Dave Peterson on
> with csvwks
> 'where should it go in the CSV worksheet?
> 'I put it after the last used cell in column A
> set destcell = .Range("A1")
> end with

That means you could be overwriting some (maybe not all) of the existing data.
Does that matter?

--

Dave Peterson
From: pm on
Thanks for your help Dave. This works great!