From: pm on
I actually want the data to be overwritten in the CSV file.....so that's
perfect. Thanks.

From: pm on
Dave, At the end of the macro I want to delete in the CSV file the rows that
are blank - but neither of these work - I'm using:

ActiveSheet.Range("A2:A50").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
ActiveWorkbook.Save

or

Set r = Range("A3:A200")
Set rr = r.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
rr.EntireRow.Delete

From: Dave Peterson on
If you have cells that contained formulas that evaluated to "", then those cells
are not blank. They only look blank.

> with csvwks
.cells.clear '<-- clear any existing data
> 'where should it go in the CSV worksheet?
> 'I put it after the last used cell in column A
> set destcell = .Range("A1")
> end with

Then after this portion:

> rngtocopy.copy
> destcell.pastespecial paste:=xlpastevalues

'Add a few more lines to clean up those cells that contained "":

with destcell.entirecolumn
.cells.Replace what:="", replacement:="$$$$$", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
.cells.Replace what:="$$$$$", replacement:="", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

on error resume next 'just in case there are no empty cells
.cells.specialcells(xlcelltypeblanks).entirerow.delete
on error goto 0
End With

--

Dave Peterson