From: Kimti on
I would like to change the cell color based on date. For example if date is
today or less color should be red, if date is upto 10 days from today the
color should be yellow. I used following:
Condition 1: =A1<=today() RED
Condition 2: =A1-today()<10 YELLOW

it worked ok if I have date in the cell. If the cell is empty, it is still
showing me RED color. I want see no formatting if the cell is empty.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.
From: Per Jessen on
Change condition 1 to:

=AND(A1<=TODAY(),A1>0)

Regards,
Per

From: Russell Dawson on
By trial and error I must admit

It's all down to the order in which you set the formatting. By the way
you'll need to set c/f for white when cell is blank. You have set it to red
when less than today which a blank must be.

Set c/f in this order
Yellow
Red
White

for White

=A1=""
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

From: Kimti on
Thank you for quick response. I set as you described, but the blank is also
showing yellow color. Even past date is showing yellow color. Please provide
further help for this.

Kimti

From: Russell Dawson on
I've done it again and works ok.

Clear all formatting for the range before trying again.

I'm using 2007 but for this it shouldn't differ for 2003 as far as I can
remember