From: Bazmac on
Hi All,

I have a contiuous form with a date field "AppointmentDate" with back style
set to Transperant, which is over an unbound text box "AppointmentColour".

I would like to have "AppointmentColour" change to amber when
"AppointmentDate" = minus 1 day and change to red when "AppointmentDate" =
today

Example: When "AppointmentDate" is 22-04-2010
"AppointmentColour" becomes amber on 21-04-2010
"AppointmentColour" becomes red on 22-04-2010

I have tried using Expression Is [AppointmentDate]=DateAdd("d",-1,Date)
and many other variations but no success.

Could someone please correct my error.

Thanking you in Advance
Bazmac
From: fredg on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:27:01 -0700, Bazmac wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a contiuous form with a date field "AppointmentDate" with back style
> set to Transperant, which is over an unbound text box "AppointmentColour".
>
> I would like to have "AppointmentColour" change to amber when
> "AppointmentDate" = minus 1 day and change to red when "AppointmentDate" =
> today
>
> Example: When "AppointmentDate" is 22-04-2010
> "AppointmentColour" becomes amber on 21-04-2010
> "AppointmentColour" becomes red on 22-04-2010
>
> I have tried using Expression Is [AppointmentDate]=DateAdd("d",-1,Date)
> and many other variations but no success.
>
> Could someone please correct my error.
>
> Thanking you in Advance
> Bazmac

In Access you must include the () when using the Date() function.
[AppointmentDate]=DateAdd("d",-1,Date())
and the expression needs to go in the AppointmentColor Conditional
Formatting.
The () is not necessary in VBA.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Bazmac on
Fred,

Thankyou for the reply I have tried your suggestion, but still cannot get it
to work.

I have BackStyle = Normal
BackColour = Automatic

Any other thoughts.

Bazmac

"fredg" wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:27:01 -0700, Bazmac wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a contiuous form with a date field "AppointmentDate" with back style
> > set to Transperant, which is over an unbound text box "AppointmentColour".
> >
> > I would like to have "AppointmentColour" change to amber when
> > "AppointmentDate" = minus 1 day and change to red when "AppointmentDate" =
> > today
> >
> > Example: When "AppointmentDate" is 22-04-2010
> > "AppointmentColour" becomes amber on 21-04-2010
> > "AppointmentColour" becomes red on 22-04-2010
> >
> > I have tried using Expression Is [AppointmentDate]=DateAdd("d",-1,Date)
> > and many other variations but no success.
> >
> > Could someone please correct my error.
> >
> > Thanking you in Advance
> > Bazmac
>
> In Access you must include the () when using the Date() function.
> [AppointmentDate]=DateAdd("d",-1,Date())
> and the expression needs to go in the AppointmentColor Conditional
> Formatting.
> The () is not necessary in VBA.
>
> --
> Fred