From: Nickle on
I would like a Cell's Text to turn green if A1=B1, but turn red if A1<>B1,
and no formatting if B1 is blank. What is the best way to go about this? I
have excel2007.
From: Bob Umlas on
With that cell active, use Home/Conditional Formatting, use new Rule, use
Use a formula to determine which cells to format and enter this formula:
=AND(A1<>B1,B1<>"")
then click format/fill/red
then do another New Rule and use
=AND(A1=B1,B1<>"")
then click format/fill/green.

HTH
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

From: Nickle on
These two work fine, however my A1 cell turns Red when B1 is blank which I
was hoping to have no formatting for. Is there another equation that is
needed. Thank you for the help.

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
It shouldn't go red if B1 is blank. Perhaps it is not blank. Perhaps
contains one or more spaces? What does =LEN(B1) show?
--
David Biddulph

From: Nickle on
=LEN(B1) Shows 1
I do have a cell reference to another spreadsheet. So the outcome on B1 is
dependent on what is selected from a cell on the Master sheet.