From: vmohan1978 on
Dear All,
I am preparing a compartive statement i want to highlight the max and min a
group of cells.
quote-1 quote-2 quote-3
100 150 200

like this upto quote-6
I want to highlight the number max of 6 as red and min of 6 as yellow.

Please do the needful .

From: Jacob Skaria on
1. Select the cell/Range (say A2:F2). Please note that the cell reference A2
mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell
will have a white background even after selection
2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting>
3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=A2=MAX($A$2:$F$2)
4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your color (say Red)
5. Hit OK

For Condition2 replace MAX() with MIN()

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional
Formatting>Manage rules>New rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Russell on
Thanks Steve. I am going to give it a shot. The more I read the more I think
that I am asking too much of Excel. At least the 2003 version that I am using.

Have a good day.

Russell