From: Toller on
I have a form that among other things has on it a field called 'EndDate". I
need to add a field that will be conditionally formatted. If the Date is
greater than Enddate, the field is to contain the text "Expired" in red. If
not, the field is to be a blank and transparent. IOW, if the condition is
met, red letters but otherwise, it just disappears.

The field is not in the database. It's for display only.

I've spent 2 hours trying all sorts of things to no avail. How can this be
done?

Thanks.

Eric

From: fredg on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:26:01 -0700, Toller wrote:

> I have a form that among other things has on it a field called 'EndDate". I
> need to add a field that will be conditionally formatted. If the Date is
> greater than Enddate, the field is to contain the text "Expired" in red. If
> not, the field is to be a blank and transparent. IOW, if the condition is
> met, red letters but otherwise, it just disappears.
>
> The field is not in the database. It's for display only.
>
> I've spent 2 hours trying all sorts of things to no avail. How can this be
> done?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Eric

Set the control's control source to
="Expired"
Set it's forecolor to Red.
Click on Format + Conditional Formatting
Set Condition1 to
Expression Is Date()<[EndDate]
Set the Condition's ForeColor to White (or whatever the control's back
color is).
Save the changes.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Toller on
Thanks. Never would have thought of that.

Eric