From: Linkerbink on
In a report, I want a particular control to be visible only when the value is
more than zero. I used the conditional formatting for the control and set it
to the expression:
IIf([Reg]>0,[Reg],"") but it doesn't work. I tried doing it without the IIf
but that doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

From: Linkerbink on

"Linkerbink" wrote:

> In a report, I want a particular control to be visible only when the value is
> more than zero. I used the conditional formatting for the control and set it
> to the expression:
> IIf([Reg]>0,[Reg],"") but it doesn't work. I tried doing it without the IIf
> but that doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

I forgot to add that there are 9 of these controls on the report, so I want
to be able to do this on each control individually.
From: Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com on
Hi Linkerbink,
I was having a similar problem. I have the link here. By reading you may get
the gist of it is doing. I hope this helps

http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access-reports/39833/Trying-to-look-like-this#gooca553a07nfi9sh0b3llqh7hg52l72t84axcom

From: Marshall Barton on
Linkerbink wrote:

>In a report, I want a particular control to be visible only when the value is
>more than zero. I used the conditional formatting for the control and set it
>to the expression:
>IIf([Reg]>0,[Reg],"") but it doesn't work. I tried doing it without the IIf
>but that doesn't work either.

Conditional Formatting does not deal with visibility.

Your expression would be appropriate as a text box's
ControlSource expression as long as the text box is named
something other than [Reg]

But since this is more a formatting issue than a
calculation, it would be better to use a custom format
something like:
0;;;""
See Format Property in VBA Help for details on creating
custom formats.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Linkerbink on

Well, thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie at Access and
your responses are beyond my comprehension! I'll see what I can figure out.