From: lzrdlvr on
I have dates in one column to show the due date of an action item. In the
"status" column to the right, I have whether or not that action item is
"closed", "open", or "in progress."

I would like to conditionally format the column with dates with red font if
the date is in the past and the status is not "closed."

Can anyone help me with the formula?
From: Max on
Assuming data in row 2 down, where col B = real dates, col C = status
you could apply this as the CF, Formula Is (with B2 active):
=AND($B2<>"",$C2<>"",TODAY()>$B2,$C2<>"closed")
Format to taste, ok out. Additional checks (ie $B2<>"",$C2<>"") help to
remove ambiguities for any blank cells. Any good? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore