From: Vincent Fatica on
Is it possible to put a conditional statement in a DEF file? If so, please give
tips.

I'd like the same def file to specify "NAME FOO.DLL" or "NAME FOO64.DLL"
depending on the target of the build.

If there's another way to avoid maintaining two DEF files, that would be OK.

Thanks.
--
- Vince
From: David Lowndes on
>Is it possible to put a conditional statement in a DEF file? If so, please give
>tips.
>
>I'd like the same def file to specify "NAME FOO.DLL" or "NAME FOO64.DLL"
>depending on the target of the build.
>
>If there's another way to avoid maintaining two DEF files, that would be OK.

Taken from the MSDN documentation of NAME:

"An equivalent way to specify an output file name is with the /OUT
linker option"

Dave
From: Vincent Fatica on
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:30:19 +0100, David Lowndes <DavidL(a)example.invalid>
wrote:

|>Is it possible to put a conditional statement in a DEF file? If so, please give
|>tips.
|>
|>I'd like the same def file to specify "NAME FOO.DLL" or "NAME FOO64.DLL"
|>depending on the target of the build.
|>
|>If there's another way to avoid maintaining two DEF files, that would be OK.
|
|Taken from the MSDN documentation of NAME:

|"An equivalent way to specify an output file name is with the /OUT
|linker option"

Are you saying to leave NAME out of the DEF file?
--
- Vince
From: David Lowndes on
>Are you saying to leave NAME out of the DEF file?

That seems to be the implication - I've not tried it myself.

Dave
From: Vincent Fatica on
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:32:42 +0100, David Lowndes <DavidL(a)example.invalid>
wrote:

|>Are you saying to leave NAME out of the DEF file?
|
|That seems to be the implication - I've not tried it myself.

'Tis so. Works nicely. Thanks. [I wasted 5 minutes on a pre-build batch file
to sed foo.def into foo64.def ... completely unnecessary.]
--
- Vince