From: jc on
Hello,

We added minimize and maximize buttons to our dialog based
application. However, when we click the minimize button,
the application minimizes to a small "title bar" application
at the bottom left corner of the desktop (just above the taskbar).

How do we get the application to minimize to the taskbar icon
that is visible?

TIA
-jc
From: David Lowndes on
>We added minimize and maximize buttons to our dialog based
>application. However, when we click the minimize button,
>the application minimizes to a small "title bar" application
>at the bottom left corner of the desktop (just above the taskbar).
>
>How do we get the application to minimize to the taskbar icon
>that is visible?

You don't have to do anything special to get the default behaviour of
minimizing to the task bar. If you try adding a minimize button to a
default dialog application it should work as you'd hope it would. I
wonder if you're incorrectly handing some Windows message and that's
giving rise to what you're seeing.

Dave
From: David Ching on
"jc" <jc(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We added minimize and maximize buttons to our dialog based
> application. However, when we click the minimize button,
> the application minimizes to a small "title bar" application
> at the bottom left corner of the desktop (just above the taskbar).

It sounds like you have created an MDI app that is maximized, and when you
minimize one of its MDI windows, it shows a mini title bar at the lower left
corner of your app window (which being maximized, is right above the Windows
taskbar).

Could this be what happened?

-- David

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
I the dialog style set to "popup"? This would be wrong; it should be set to "Overlapped".
And it must NOT be set to "child".
joe

On Sun, 30 May 2010 00:00:01 -0700, jc <jc(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We added minimize and maximize buttons to our dialog based
>application. However, when we click the minimize button,
>the application minimizes to a small "title bar" application
>at the bottom left corner of the desktop (just above the taskbar).
>
>How do we get the application to minimize to the taskbar icon
>that is visible?
>
>TIA
>-jc
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: jc on
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reply my posting.

Yes, the dialog style was set to "popup", but changing the style
to "overlapped" did not fix the problem.

As such, we decided to minimize the application to the System Tray. The
System Tray icon is working OK (both opening and minimizing the application).
But, the task bar icon is always visible. even when the icon is in the
System Tray.

How do we hide and show the taskbar icon?

TIA,
-jc