From: Vivian on

Is it possible to connect a 857 ADSL router to a 3750 L3 switch with QinQ
tagging. Thank you.
-------------------------------------

| http://forums.cabling-design.com/ |
| *** a better way to USENET *** |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
| comp.dcom.sys.cisco - 45840 messages and counting! |

From: Doug McIntyre on
velia100_at_yahoo_dot_com(a)foo.com (Vivian) writes:
>Is it possible to connect a 857 ADSL router to a 3750 L3 switch with QinQ
>tagging. Thank you.

Yes, they both have ethernet ports that you can run a cable inbetween.

Maybe there's some better question in there? More info would be better.

From: bod43 on
On 17 June, 14:41, Doug McIntyre <mer...(a)geeks.org> wrote:
> velia100_at_yahoo_dot_...(a)foo.com (Vivian) writes:
> >Is it possible to connect a 857 ADSL router to a 3750 L3 switch with QinQ
> >tagging. Thank you.
>
> Yes, they both have ethernet ports that you can run a cable inbetween.
>
> Maybe there's some better question in there? More info would be better.

Hmmmm. 857 only supports one VLAN and cannot
run Advanced IP Services Feature Set.

Might work but I guess it wont.

877 supports 1 to 4 VLANS. No idea at all if it might do
QinQ tunneling. I kind of thought that the "switch" hardware was quite
basic.

www.cisco.com/go/fn -- Feature Navigator might assist.
May not be available for public access. Not sure.

From: Vivian on
Vivian had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/cisco/Re-Connect-857-ADSL-router-to-Metro-Ethernet-network-47148-.htm
:

bod43 wrote:

> On 17 June, 14:41, Doug McIntyre <mer...(a)geeks.org> wrote:
>> velia100_at_yahoo_dot_...(a)foo.com (Vivian) writes:
>> >Is it possible to connect a 857 ADSL router to a 3750 L3
>>> switch with QinQ
>> >tagging. Thank you.
>>
>> Yes, they both have ethernet ports that you can run a cable
>> inbetween.
>>
>> Maybe there's some better question in there? More info would be
>> better.

> Hmmmm. 857 only supports one VLAN and cannot
> run Advanced IP Services Feature Set.

> Might work but I guess it wont.

> 877 supports 1 to 4 VLANS. No idea at all if it might do
> QinQ tunneling. I kind of thought that the "switch" hardware
> was quite
> basic.

> www.cisco.com/go/fn -- Feature Navigator might assist.
> May not be available for public access. Not sure.

-------------------------------------
QinQ isn't supported in 857, that's why i use a 3750 to connect to Metro
Ethernet. If i configure default VLAN 1 in an access port in 3750 and VLAN
100 (for example) for a trunk port and the S-VLAN, would it work, having
only this client on the 3750?
Thank you very much.

| http://forums.cabling-design.com/ |
| *** a better way to USENET *** |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
| comp.dcom.sys.cisco - 45855 messages and counting! |

From: Vivian on
Vivian had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/cisco/Re-Connect-857-ADSL-router-to-Metro-Ethernet-network-47149-.htm
:
> -------------------------------------
> QinQ isn't supported in 857, that's why i use a 3750 to connect to
> Metro
> Ethernet. If i configure default VLAN 1 in an access port in 3750 and
> VLAN
> 100 (for example) for a trunk port and the S-VLAN, would it work,
> having
> only this client on the 3750?
> Thank you very much.

Rephrasing my question, the problem is if i can configure QinQ with VLAN 1
(as the C-VLAN) and VLAN 100 (as the S-VLAN) in a 3750 that connects to a
857 router that doesn't support VLANs.
If anyone knows, could you please help in this.
Thank you!

| http://forums.cabling-design.com/ |
| *** a better way to USENET *** |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
| comp.dcom.sys.cisco - 45866 messages and counting! |