From: ChristianH on
Hi,

I want to connect to the NAV5 db from another pc in the domain using the
nodbc driver.

On the nav-pc is installed:
->Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 CSIDE Client
->Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 ODBC

On the pc from which I want to connect the NAV database is installed:
->Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 ODBC

I receive a TCP/IP ECONNREFUSED error.
Is the NAV server required to be installed on the NAV pc?

What is the problem?
Christian
From: Savatage on
If your using sql db use the odbc that comes w/sql.
nodbc is used for Native DB

From: ChristianH on
Hi,

thanks for your help.

Well, I do not use the SQL Server. On the nav-pc is the database.fdb.
Is it possible to open a connection from another pc to this database.fdb?

I am new to nav.
Thanks
Christian

"Savatage" wrote:

> If your using sql db use the odbc that comes w/sql.
> nodbc is used for Native DB
>

> "ChristianH" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to connect to the NAV5 db from another pc in the domain using the
> > nodbc driver.
> >
> > On the nav-pc is installed:
> > ->Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 CSIDE Client
> > ->Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 ODBC
> >
> > On the pc from which I want to connect the NAV database is installed:
> > ->Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 ODBC
> >
> > I receive a TCP/IP ECONNREFUSED error.
> > Is the NAV server required to be installed on the NAV pc?
> >
> > What is the problem?
> > Christian

Pages: 1
Prev: NODBC