From: Kevin on
My mother just purchased a new computer (1st timer), She wants to connect a
Husquvarna Embroidery Card Reader/Writer. It connects with 25 pin serial
cable so we got her a USB to serial adapter cable and loaded the software
that came with it. Now when we try to read from the card reader we get the
following error.

The top of the window reads "Husqvarna Viking Reader Writer PRO NT"
then in the box it reads "Fault by SEMLPT.SYS"

Please help, I'm not able to help her and she is getting discouraged with
her new fangled sewing machine, since it will not do all the thing she bought
it for.

From: Colin Barnhorst on
Does the manufacturer list an email address in the documentation? Did the
usb to serial adaptor come with the Viking?

From: C Bork on
I had a client who also tried this. You have to get away from the serial
cable. It does not read correctly through the USB thus the errors OR find a
computer prior to 2001 and it will have a serial connection. Good luck.