From: Holger Beuttler on
Dear all,

I've the following problem but I'm not shure whether this is the correct
group or not:
I had a problem with my hard disk recorder from Pioneer. I found a method in
the internet how to recover the data from the disk. I installed the demo of
the needed software (UFS explorer) and tried to connect the hard disk from
the recorder wirth my PC (Windows XP Home).
According to the interent I should see now the data on the disk with that
software but I can't because Windows found that disk but for a reason I
don't know it does not allow any connection.

Greetings
Holger

From: philo on
Holger Beuttler wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've the following problem but I'm not shure whether this is the correct
> group or not:
> I had a problem with my hard disk recorder from Pioneer. I found a
> method in the internet how to recover the data from the disk. I
> installed the demo of the needed software (UFS explorer) and tried to
> connect the hard disk from the recorder wirth my PC (Windows XP Home).
> According to the interent I should see now the data on the disk with
> that software but I can't because Windows found that disk but for a
> reason I don't know it does not allow any connection.
>
> Greetings
> Holger

Are you trying to access the drive from within UFS explorer
or from Windows explorer?

From: Holger Beuttler on
I tried both the Explorer where I, of course, didn't see anything and from
the UFS explorer where I could only found my computer's hard drive.
In the "Ger�temanager" (I think this is called "device manager" in the
English Windows) I was able to find an entry for my USB drive I use to
connect the hard drive with my PC. And Windows gave me also the message that
a new drive was found but it was not possible to access either in the
windows Explorer nor in the UFS explorer.

From: philo on
Holger Beuttler wrote:
> I tried both the Explorer where I, of course, didn't see anything and
> from the UFS explorer where I could only found my computer's hard drive.
> In the "Ger�temanager" (I think this is called "device manager" in the
> English Windows) I was able to find an entry for my USB drive I use to
> connect the hard drive with my PC. And Windows gave me also the message
> that a new drive was found but it was not possible to access either in
> the windows Explorer nor in the UFS explorer.
>

> "philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Holger Beuttler wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I've the following problem but I'm not shure whether this is the
>>> correct group or not:
>>> I had a problem with my hard disk recorder from Pioneer. I found a
>>> method in the internet how to recover the data from the disk. I
>>> installed the demo of the needed software (UFS explorer) and tried to
>>> connect the hard disk from the recorder wirth my PC (Windows XP Home).
>>> According to the interent I should see now the data on the disk with
>>> that software but I can't because Windows found that disk but for a
>>> reason I don't know it does not allow any connection.
>>>
>>> Greetings
>>> Holger
>>

>> Are you trying to access the drive from within UFS explorer
>> or from Windows explorer?

Have a look in disk management

if it's not there, the drive is either defective or else mis-connected
From: Holger Beuttler on

> Holger Beuttler wrote:
>> I tried both the Explorer where I, of course, didn't see anything and
>> from the UFS explorer where I could only found my computer's hard drive.
>> In the "Ger�temanager" (I think this is called "device manager" in the
>> English Windows) I was able to find an entry for my USB drive I use to
>> connect the hard drive with my PC. And Windows gave me also the message
>> that a new drive was found but it was not possible to access either in
>> the windows Explorer nor in the UFS explorer.
>>

>> "philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>> Are you trying to access the drive from within UFS explorer
>>> or from Windows explorer?
>>>

> Have a look in disk management
>
> if it's not there, the drive is either defective or else mis-connected

Where can I find this function? In the system control?