From: Learner on
Hi,

We have a software that we need to install on our users machines.
During the installation process looks like it is trying to create a
datbase in our sql server 2005. Here is the connectiong string that is
generated by during the insallation process

Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=true;Initial
Catalog=DriverAccess;Server={ip address};Network
Library=dbnmpntw;Application Name=Radiolinks Driver Access Manager

When I include the IP address and move on and complete the
installation it says that the installation was successfull. I see it
available under Start/Programs and when I click on it, it doesn't open
the software and laso I do not see any thing new database was created.
Is there a problem with the above connection string or are we not
providing information in it (we just provided the ip address and that
is it)? Can some one please help me fi there is any thing I am
missing?

Thanks,

From: Bob Barrows on
Learner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a software that we need to install on our users machines.
> During the installation process looks like it is trying to create a
> datbase in our sql server 2005. Here is the connectiong string that is
> generated by during the insallation process
>
> Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=true;Initial
> Catalog=DriverAccess;Server={ip address};Network
> Library=dbnmpntw;Application Name=Radiolinks Driver Access Manager
>
> When I include the IP address and move on and complete the
> installation it says that the installation was successfull. I see it
> available under Start/Programs and when I click on it, it doesn't open
> the software and laso I do not see any thing new database was created.
> Is there a problem with the above connection string or are we not
> providing information in it (we just provided the ip address and that
> is it)? Can some one please help me fi there is any thing I am
> missing?

A connection string cannot create a database. All it can do is
facilitate a connection between a client application and an existing
database. You are looking in the wrong place to try to determine the
problem. I would suggest contacting the software's vendor for support.

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

From: Learner on
On Dec 22, 2:00 pm, "Bob Barrows" <reb01...(a)NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote:
> Learner wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> >   We have a software that we need to install on our users machines.
> > During the installation process looks like it is trying to create a
> > datbase in our sql server 2005. Here is the connectiong string that is
> > generated by during the insallation process
>
> > Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=true;Initial
> > Catalog=DriverAccess;Server={ip address};Network
> > Library=dbnmpntw;Application Name=Radiolinks Driver Access Manager
>
> > When I include the IP address and move on and complete the
> > installation it says that the installation was successfull. I see it
> > available under Start/Programs and when I click on it, it doesn't open
> > the software and laso I do not see any thing new database was created.
> > Is there a problem with the above connection string or are we not
> > providing information in it (we just provided the ip address and that
> > is it)? Can some one please help me fi there is any thing I am
> > missing?
>
> A connection string cannot create a database. All it can do is
> facilitate a connection between a client application and an existing
> database. You are looking in the wrong place to try to determine the
> problem. I would suggest contacting the software's vendor for support.
>
> --
> HTH,
> Bob Barrows

Thanks for the reply Bob. Yes I put it wrong. There is already a
'DriverAccess' database exist on the production server. When I install
this software it should be talking to that database. But for some
reason it doesn't connect to the database when I put the 'Integrated
Security=true' in the above connection string. But it works fine when
I change this to uid=sa;pwd=<password>. But this is the admin account
and I do not want to use this for this purpose. So I am thinking of
creating another account just for the AccessDriver database to use
during the installation process. I am hoping that this solves the
problem. If not please suggest me how to go about it.

When I try to create user for this database under users (right click
new user) there is no place to put the password. I have never created
users in SQL Server 2005. Am I doing it right?

Thanks,