From: Daniel L'Hommedieu on
On Mar 28, 2010, at 19:28, Jerry wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:51:27 -0400, Daniel L'Hommedieu
> <dlhommedieu(a)gmail.com> articulated:
>
>> After seeing this comment, I decided to see what versions of postfix
>> I have installed. The RPM available for both CentOS 5 and RHEL5 is
>> "postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2." It's interesting that both of these Linux
>> versions offer a version of postfix that is so old...
>>
>> Maybe I need to look into maintaining postfix manually...
>
> Conversely, you might consider an OS that maintains a more up-to-date
> software repository.

Jerry,

This is an interesting proposition, but for the bulk of my work it is not feasible. My employer is 100% Red Hat-based, so RHEL5 is my only option there. For my personal server, I choose to run CentOS to be compatible with what we use at the office, but it's certainly an option to use something other than the same thing at work and home.

And, I didn't mean to hijack the thread earlier - I meant to change the subject line - oops...

Daniel
From: Charles Marcus on
On 2010-03-28 8:15 PM, Daniel L'Hommedieu wrote:
> And, I didn't mean to hijack the thread earlier - I meant to change
> the subject line - oops...

Changing the subject line of an existing thread to start a new thread is
*the definition* of hijacking a thread.

When you want to start a new thread, start a new message *from scratch*,
*not* by replying to an existing thread and changing the subject.

Threaded mail readers do *not* use the subject for displaying threads,
they use the appropriate mail *headers*.

--

Best regards,

Charles