From: Horsepower on

About every third time I open Outlook I get this and it seems to take a
long while. I have done scanpst as well. (O2007/W7x64). Thank you.

--
Horsepower
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Horsepower" <Horsepower.4889ga(a)invalid> wrote in message

> About every third time I open Outlook I get this and it seems to take a
> long while. I have done scanpst as well. (O2007/W7x64). Thank you.

Often caused by some add-in keeping Outlook open when you think it's closed
and shutiong down your PC while the Outlook process continues to run. See if
this helps:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Horsepower on

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook Wrote:
> ;134520']"Horsepower" <Horsepower.4889ga(a)invalid> wrote in message
>
> > About every third time I open Outlook I get this and it seems to take
> > long while. I have done scanpst as well. (O2007/W7x64). Thank you.
>
> Often caused by some add-in keeping Outlook open when you think it's
> closed
> and shutiong down your PC while the Outlook process continues to run.
> See if
> this helps:
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Well, I wish there was better communications with 3rd party vendors,
because add-ins have been the cop out since Office XP.

I did find an itunes add in I didn't know was there, and removed it as
well as Mappoint. I cannot seem to remove the Street and Trips add-in.

Also, since my dilemma on this thread:
I get 2 or more appcrash errors a day on Outlook.

The hurrier I go the behinder I get.
Thank you.

--
Horsepower
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Horsepower on

Horsepower;134559 Wrote:
> Well, I wish there was better communications with 3rd party vendors,
> because add-ins have been the cop out since Office XP.
>
> I did find an itunes add in I didn't know was there, and removed it as
> well as Mappoint. I cannot seem to remove the Street and Trips add-in.
>
> Also, since my dilemma on this thread:
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39629
> I get 2 or more appcrash errors a day on Outlook.
>
> The hurrier I go the behinder I get.
> Thank you.

I cannot disable 7 of the add-ins. I get "This add-in is installed for
all users on this computer, and can only be connected or disconnected by
an administrator" I AM an administrator. Help? Thanks.

--
Horsepower
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Horsepower on

Horsepower;134877 Wrote:
> I cannot disable 7 of the add-ins. I get "This add-in is installed for
> all users on this computer, and can only be connected or disconnected by
> an administrator" I AM an administrator. Help? Thanks.

Figured that out, now lets see what happens.

--
Horsepower
http://forums.slipstick.com